Learn about website security for business owners, privacy in social media, identity theft, spyware, email scams, routers & firewalls & safe online shopping tips.
By Jared Gerber
Jared Gerber, ImagineIT Web Design & SEO Owner, was the featured speaker on the SecurityGuyRadio.com live radio show, INTERNET SECURITY FOR DUMMIES, which aired on March 10th at 7pm — the show is now available as an MP3 and Youtube Video and covered Internet Security topics such as website security for business owners, privacy in social media, identity theft, spyware, email scams, routers & firewalls & safe online shopping tips.
The radio show was recorded live on video as well – if you missed the show, it’s the best way to catch it – click below to view the video with hosts, Chuck & Paul, with Jared as the guest speaker.
INTERNET SECURITY FOR DUMMIES – SHOW SUMMARY
- Website Security for Business Owners – host your website & email in a data center, backup backup backup!
- Protecting your Kids’ Privacy & Social Media – parents need to monitor their kid’s Facebook activity
- Preventing Identity Theft – keep your computer OS up to date and make sure your virus software is active
- Spyware – don’t click on popups, don’t install or run anything from a popup
- Email Scams – don’t act on email requests from shopping sites or financial institutions
- How Routers & Firewalls work – personal firewall & firewalls built into routers are designed to protect you from hackers